Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Tin Foil Mask
I started out by researching all the different types of mask making that I could find online. There were so many. I chose to make mine using tin foil and masking tape. I liked that you got to make the shape of your own face with the tin foil and then use the masking tape to help keep its shape especially one the checks, nose, and chin area. I started off by using 3 sheets of tin foil and pressed them on my face to get the initial shape. Once I was happy with the shape, I put the tin foil on and started putting masking tape on top. This helped keep the shape while putting the tape on. Once it was covered in tape, I cut out the eye holes and folded over the edges to give it a clean look. You can use so many different mediums to decorate the mask but I used acrylic paint for the all over color and then glued on glitter for the accents. Once I was finished I punched holes in both sides so I could tie a string on so you could wear the mask. This was fun because it is your face and you can decorate it any way you want to make it yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment